I'm sure by now that you have heard that SB Nation began launching regional websites last week, such as SB Nation Chicago. Next week, SB Nation Cleveland will launch on June 17. I'm excited about the launch of the site, not only because I will be contributing content for it, but because the concept is one that I proposed several years ago, even before Fear the Sword (our Cavaliers site) came around.
To see the evolution of SB Nation over such a short period of time is remarkable. SB Nation is receiving recognition in the mainstream media business outlets, such as from the Nieman Journalism Lab, the New York Times, and an especially interesting article from Dan Shanoff.
There might be some confusion as to exactly what the regional sites are intended to accomplish. First off, the most important thing to understand is that they will not replace the die-hard team-specific content that you will find on a Dawgs By Nature, Fear the Sword, or Let's Go Tribe. Instead, I believe the regional site is intended to appeal to the casual fan -- the one who might visit Cleveland.com or ESPN daily to get a quick snapshot of what's going on in Cleveland sports.
The regional site will provide that snapshot. In addition, it will also feature content from the individual blogs to provide them with more exposure.
Meet Up in North Olmstead
Now, here comes the fun part. To celebrate the launch, we would love for as many of our die-hard SB Nation Cleveland fans to attend a meet-up at Fat Head's in North Olmsted on June 17th from 6-9 PM:
- What: Cleveland Launch Party Meet Up
When: June 17th, 2010 from 6-9PM
- Where: Fat Heads, 24501 Lorain Rd., North Olmstead, OH 44070
Happy Hour will be from 3-7PM, and ½ price apps will start at 9PM.
This is a great opportunity to meet with some of the more level-headed fans in Cleveland. Even the off-beat fans are welcomed; perhaps you'll get to meet everyone's favorite mooncamping? Leave a response if you think you'll be able to attend the meet up!
P.S. If you are out of state, there are meet ups being held in other cities across the country. Check the list after the jump for information on those meet ups.
6/9 New York @ The Ainsworth
§ Happy Hour extended by 1 hour for SBN RSVP’s (usually runs until 8pm)
o $3 Yuengling/Bud Lights
o $5 Appletinis, Watermelon-tinis, and Cosmopolitans
§ SBN will purchase food free for RSVP’d guests (chicken fingers, miso duck spring rolls, mini-burgers)
· 122 W. 26th St. (Between 6th & 7th) NY, NY 10001
· Contact: Amanda
· 6/10 Houston – Champps Houston Uptown
§ Happy Hour 4-7pm (will not extend to 8pm)
· ½ price apps (excluding Sampler Platter)
· $1 off all Drafts, Liquors & Glass Wines
§ We’ll be near the bar and have several high tops set up next to us.
· 1121 Uptown Park Blvd., Houston, TX 77056
· Contact: Krista (managing partner)
· 6/10 Dallas @ Frankie’s Sports Bar and Grill (Uptown Location)
§ Happy hour drink specials
§ 10% discount on all menu items
· Uptown Location: 3227 McKinney, Dallas TX 75204
· Contact: Federico
o 6/14 Kansas City @ 75th St. Brewery –
§ $1 off well drinks/draft beers
§ 10% off appetizers
· 520 W. 75th St. Kansas City MO 64114
· Contact: Mac Taylor
· 6/15 St. Louis @ Schlafly – Tap Room Location
§ The Schlafly Tap Room: 2100 Locust Street (at 21st), St. Louis, MO 63103
§ No bar/food deals – we can’t advertise any either. We can purchase a gift card ($20?/$25?) to raffle off and can advertise that.
· The Schlafly Tap Room: 2100 Locust Street (at 21st), St. Louis, MO 63103
· Contact: Kate Burrus
· 314-241-2337 x.228
· 6/16 Minnesota @ Hubert’s
o 7-9pm (during game)
· 600 North 1st Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55403
· Contact: Haley Hough
· 6/17 Cleveland @ Fat Heads
§ ½ price apps (starting at 9pm)
§ Happy Hour 3-7pm.
· 24501 Lorain Rd., N. Olmstead, Oh 44070
· Contact: Ted
· 6/21 Pittsburgh @ Carson City Saloon
§ Specials usually run 8-11pm, but for SBN will run 6-11pm.
o 25cent Wings
o $2 Bud Light Drafts
o $12 Call-a-Cabs (64 oz.)
§ Happy Hour is 5-7pm, until 7 we will get $1 off drinks and ½ of apps (not to be combined with other offer- can be separate though!)
· 1401 E. Carson St.- Southside, Pittsburgh, PA 15203
· Contact: Callen
· 6/22 Philly @ The Field House (Our event is inside on the Filbert St. side)
§ $3 domestic beer
§ $4 wine
§ $5 mixed drinks (includes 3 Olives, Stoli, Absolut, Finlandia, captain morgan, jack daniels, Jim beam, Bacardi, Tanquaray)
§ $5 menu: Wings, Chicken Tenders, Old Bay Fries, Nachos, & Pizza Steak Springrolls.
· 1150 Filbert Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
· Contact: Tim Adams
· 6/23 Tampa @ Tampa Bay Brewing Co
§ $1 off drafts/wells
· 1600 E. 8TH Avenue, Tampa, FL
· Contact: Ryan Kelly
· 6/24 Atlanta –TacoMac (Prado Location)
§ No booze deals
· 5600 Roswell Rd, Suite 3. Sandy Springs, GA 30324
· Contact: Buzz Schuster
· 6/28 Denver – Blake Street Tavern
§ Happy Hour is 3-6pm – Won’t extend happy hour.
o $2 Rolling Rocks
o $3 wells/domestic drafts
o $4 import/craft beers & house wines.
§ They’ll donate a $25 gift card for us to raffle off.
· (One block north of Coors Field!) 2301 Blake Street, Denver, CO 80205
· Contact: Chris (owner), & Cat (organizing everything for us)
· 6/29 LA – Capitol City – Hollywood (Not sure how we want the name to appear…check out the website and you can make final decision!)
§ Discounted select appetizers
§ $5 wells
§ $4 domestic beers
· 1615 N Cahuenga Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028
· Contact: Brian (event coordinator)
· Brian’s Cell: 818-370-9445
· 6/30 Seattle @ Rock Bottom
o 5-8pm (Wednesday!)
§ Happy Hour Specials for all RSVP’s
§ $5 apps
§ $3.50 beers, wine, liquor.
· 1333 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101
· Contact: Derek – email@example.com