- "Mike Holmgren’s lackluster tenure comes to disappointing end" (Beacon Journal) - "Mike Holmgren came to Cleveland and found out who he was — and who he wasn’t. He arrived as Browns president on Dec. 21, 2009, flush with excitement, sure he could make something of the moribund franchise."
- "Trent Richardson, Cleveland Browns struggling on the ground" (Morning Journal) - "This is not what was supposed to happen when the Browns bundled three late draft picks plus the fourth overall pick so they could move up one slot to draft Trent Richardson."
- "It's time for Browns to focus efforts to build for 2013" (Canton Rep) - "What constitutes a miracle? In the realm of the NFL, the Browns reaching the 2012 playoffs would be more miraculous than the Terminal Tower turning into a 52-story gold bar."
- "Weak running game is a big part of Browns’ struggles" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "This isn’t what the brain trust had in mind in April. When president Mike Holmgren, general manager Tom Heckert and coach Pat Shurmur traded three draft picks to move up one spot and ensure they landed running back Trent Richardson, they didn’t envision a running game ranked 30th in the league."
- "Union sends Paul Tagliabue letter" (ESPN) - "The NFL Players Association has sent former commissioner Paul Tagliabue a letter asking him to address potential conflicts of interest he might have as the appeals officer in the Saints' bounty case."
- "Short-handed Steelers getting healthier" (AP) - "Maurkice Pouncey is expected to return to the Steelers' lineup on Sunday, and Rashard Mendenhall and Isaac Redman might do the same."
- "Manufacturer provides possible smoking gun in Towelgate" (PFT) - "If the folks at Gorilla Gold were trying to help the Chargers by taking responsibility for the item that was confiscated last week during the Monday night game between San Diego and Denver, it likely won’t work."
- "Rivera: More changes could be coming in Carolina" (AP) - "Panthers coach Ron Rivera said the midseason firing of general manager Marty Hurney sends a succinct message to him and others in the organization that nobody's job is safe."