- "Weeden knows job security is at stake in Cleveland Browns' remaining games" (Plain Dealer) - "Brandon Weeden, fresh off the bye week, has every intention of proving to Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner over the final seven games that he's their man."
- "Mitchell Schwartz has stabilized right side of offensive line" (News-Herald) - "As rookies, quarterback Brandon Weeden, wide receiver Josh Gordon and running back Trent Richardson get the benefit of a learning curve. Richardson still needs to perfect his work with his blockers? Hey, he's a rookie. He's learning."
- "Little showing some maturity" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Greg Little grew up some over the bye week. The Browns receiver was introduced to former NBA star Alonzo Mourning by a friend and became mesmerized during a two-hour lunch in Miami. Little went against his personality and stopped talking, because he couldn’t help but listen to Mourning."
- "Haden ready to work, win" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Cleveland Browns defensive back Joe Haden came back to practice this week focused on winning, starting with Sunday’s game at the Dallas Cowboys."
- "Roethlisberger has rib injury too, out vs. Ravens" (AP) - "Right arm tucked into a black sling, weary eyes betraying a decided lack of sleep, Ben Roethlisberger tried to stay positive after the worst - and by far the most harrowing - injury of his career."
- "Ray Edwards clears waivers" (PFT) - "On Monday night, the Atlanta Falcons abruptly cut defensive end Ray Edwards. Per a league source, Edwards has now cleared waivers."
- "Source: Alex Smith in line to start" (ESPN) - "San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith, who suffered a concussion on Sunday against the St. Louis Rams, has passed concussion tests this week and is on track to start Monday night against the Chicago Bears, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter."
- "Tebow controversies are what Jets signed up for when they acquired QB" (Yahoo! Sports) - "The world didn't need the New York Daily News to conduct an informal poll of the New York Jets' locker room to find out that Tim Tebow's quarterbacking skills aren't too highly thought of – anonymous money quote: 'He's terrible.'"