Which quarterback is leading the pack this season, and why? Head on over to Gillette's Facebook page and share your opinion.
For our personal debate here at Dawgs By Nature, let's try to narrow things down a bit. First, let's limit it to rookie quarterbacks only. Second, I think everyone is in awe of Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III, so let's exclude them from the equation too. With those two things in consideration, here is the question: in hindsight, do you prefer Brandon Weeden as the Browns' quarterback over the other rookie quarterbacks?
The other rookie quarterbacks would include Ryan Tannehill, Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, and Ryan Lindley. Here is how each of the quarterbacks have fared statistically:
- Ryan Tannehill: 2,709 yards passing, 57.3% completion rate, 8 touchdowns, 12 interceptions
- Brandon Weeden: 3,037 yards passing, 57.0% completion rate, 13 touchdowns, 15 interceptions
- Russell Wilson: 2,492 yards passing, 63.0% completion rate, 20 touchdowns, 9 interceptions
- Nick Foles: 1,174 yards passing, 61.4% completion rate, 4 touchdowns, 3 interceptions
- Kirk Cousins: 137 yards passing, 68.5% completion rate, 2 touchdowns, 2 interceptions
- Ryan Lindley: 507 yards passing, 48.3% completion rate, 0 touchdowns, 5 interceptions
Statistically and record-wise, the most impressive of that bunch has been Wilson. Does that mean you would take him over Weeden in the long run, though? Let us know in the comments section below.
No Debate. 9 out of 10 men prefer ProGlide*
*Over the leading disposable razor. Defined by individual razors sold, P&G data based on 2011 FDMx AC Nielsen (EQU)