- "Trent Richardson questions strategy, apologizes to fans" (Plain Dealer) - "Trent Richardson appeared on his way to a big afternoon, breaking tackles and a Jim Brown franchise record within his first four carries Sunday against the Washington Redskins."
- "Weeden takes a step back in Browns' loss" (FS Ohio) - "In a battle of two rookie quarterbacks, the fourth-round pick clearly out played the first-round pick. The Redskins’ Kirk Cousins, a fourth-round draft pick from Michigan State, made his first start in place of Robert Griffin III and led his team to a 38-21 victory over the Browns."
- "Browns’ defense fails to adjust to Redskins rookie QB Kirk Cousins" (Beacon Journal) - "For anyone who didn’t realize Washington Redskins rookie sensation Robert Griffin III was inactive Sunday with a sprained right knee, the quarterback statistics after the Browns’ 38-21 loss in their final home game of the season might have had them convinced otherwise."
- "Browns’ winning streak, playoff hopes end with 38-21 loss to Redskins" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "The three-game winning streak? Over. The razor-thin playoff hopes? Vanished. The growing support for coach Pat Shurmur and rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden? Mostly evaporated, if not gone entirely."
- "NFL teams remember victims" (ESPN) - "The New England Patriots silenced their "End Zone Militia" on Sunday night, paying tribute to the victims of the Connecticut school shooting by canceling the traditional scoring celebration in which men dressed as Revolutionary War soldiers fire muskets into the air."
- "NFL playoff picture: Hail to the Redskins" (Yahoo! Sports) - "The Texans and Packers wrapped up division titles Sunday, and the Ravens failed to do so, but still wrapped up a playoff berth when the Steelers lost. The 49ers clinched a playoff berth as well."
- "Inside the Numbers: Week 14" (SI.com) - "Seattle is a great place to play if you want to grab a double latte or a Pyramid IPA. It's not a great place to play if you want to grab coast-to-coast NFL headlines."
- "Matthew Stafford: Roughed Up By Cardinals" (RotoWire) - "Update: Stafford completed 24-of-50 passes for 246 yards and three interceptions Sunday against the Cardinals. Recommendation: An extremely poor game for Stafford, who failed to throw a touchdown for only the third time this season."