- "Keep Phil Dawson, or kick yourself later" (Plain Dealer) - "Tell me again, why the Browns can't sign Phil Dawson? I know, he'll be 38 on Jan. 23. I know, he's 'just a kicker.'"
- "Hardesty's turn for Browns" (FS Ohio) - "If running back Trent Richardson is unable to play Sunday, it will be Montario Hardesty’s chance to start his first game of the season."
- "Childress or Jauron could replace Shurmur" (Canton Rep) - "Three wise men? Three nice guys? Three blind mice? Three key men on the bubble seem not to know exactly how Jimmy Haslam and his generals view them as the Browns’ season heads into the dark void."
- "Browns players trying to stay positive, focused despite changes on horizon" (Beacon Journal) - "When Browns kicker Phil Dawson arrived at his locker Thursday morning, he was greeted by Hawaiian-themed decorations, including a cartoon of two pink flamingos on a beach, inflatable parrots, blue, pink, red and yellow leis, miniature tiki torches and masks, a paper hula girl and a colorful sign that read, 'ALOHA.'"
- "Black Monday Primer: Definitive guide to 2013 coaching carousel" (SI.com) - "The only constant in the NFL these days is change, and all indications point to another active firing/hiring season commencing on Black Monday -- the day after the league's regular season concludes."
- "Seattle's Richard Sherman wins suspension appeal" (AP) - "Even when others were suggesting he drop his case and accept his punishment, Richard Sherman never strayed from his steadfast belief that his four-game suspension would be overturned."
- "Greg McElroy hid concussion" (ESPN) - "The New York Jets' coaching staff didn't know Greg McElroy had been experiencing concussion symptoms this week. His teammates did."
- "Steven Jackson muses about retirement" (PFT) - "It’s been a couple of years since a high-profile player publicly wrestled with retirement. Possibly, running back Steven Jackson will be the latest star player to pull a Favre."