- "This week's NFL combine is about much more than Robert Griffin III" (News-Herald) - In some NFL Combine related news, Jeff Schudel of The News-Herald explores some of the players to watch other than just RG3.
- "Heckert on hot seat" (Canton Rep) - Steve Doerschuk of The Canton Repository looks at the Browns' roster as well as the starters before and after Pat Shurmur's arrival. Doerschuk concludes that Heckert is on the hot seat.
- "NFL Free Agency: The Browns and the cost of franchising" (WFNY) - Craig Lyndall discusses the cost for the Browns to franchise tag D’Qwell Jackson or even Peyton Hillis.
- "Improvement at QB is complicated for Browns" (FS Ohio) - Pat McManamon offers yet another perspective on the Browns' QB situation.
- "Podcast: Will McCoy remain Browns' QB?" (AFC North Blog) - If you're a fan of Mike and Mike In the Morning, you might have heard their "Two-A-Days" segment before. They cover the Browns in under three minutes.
- "AP source: Chiefs, Routt reach 3-yr, $19.6M deal" (AP via Yahoo! Sports) - The Kansas City Chiefs have reportedly agreed to terms on a $19.6 million, three-year deal with CB Stanford Routt.
- "QB Drew Brees, Saints remain at loggerheads in contract talks" (SportingNews) - It's surprising that such an obvious move for both sides has yet to be concluded.
- "Nicks likely to get tag if Brees deal finished in time" (PFT) - In related news, the Saints need to finalize the Brees contract so they can move on to franchising G Carl Nicks.
- "Hutchinson faces possible release as Vikings turn to youth" (AP via NFL.com) - Steve Hutchinson discusses how he understands that he may end up being cut by the Minnesota Vikings.