- "Childress: A Viking Perspective" (Orange and Brown Report) - This is an excellent article written by Tim Yotter of VikingUpdate.com that goes into some detail about Brad Childress' tenure in Minnesota. He talks about how Childress was known to be very hard on his quarterbacks, and may be better suited returning to the relaxed position coach he was with the Eagles.
- "NFL Rumors: Donovan McNabb Being Linked to Cleveland Browns" (Waiting For Next Year) - So this rumor is really starting to catch on now. I've heard it thrown around a lot in the past few days, but it seems to be gaining a lot more ground than I ever expected it to. I'm in the camp that is not interested.
- "Cleveland Browns 'flop' Gerard Warren remembered as player with heart by former coach" (Plain Dealer) - Mary Kay Cabot has a piece on "Big Money" as remembered by former Browns WR coach and interim head coach Terry Robiskie. The fans might have lost patience too quickly? Robiskie is quoted as saying, "When he wasn't the savior, the city turned on him." Yeah, that definitely sounds like Browns fans.
- "Joe Haden believes Browns are close to turning corner: Greater Cleveland Sports Awards" (Plain Dealer) - This is something you always want to hear from players. Haden said, "I expect us to be much better in 2012. I expect us to have a strong year, and I know my teammates do, as well." He actually even went out of his way to make sure he wouldn't be misconstrued as making a guarantee.
- "Sources: QB Peyton Manning cleared (ESPN) - There were some speculating that Peyton Manning would never play again due to his health concerns. If these sources turn out to be right, he probably won't retire because he's physically unable to play. I still don't expect this to force Irsay to expedite his decision.
- "Andrew Luck hoping to play right away in NFL" (Associated Press) - If you combine this with the news above, you might get the idea that Luck and Manning aren't destined to be on the same team together. In all honesty, I'm sure every single rookie coming in the league wants to play right away, and this really shouldn't be surprising to anyone.
- "JPP: Tom Brady felt phantom pressure" (ESPN) - Apparently, Jason Pierre-Paul doesn't mind throwing fuel on the figurative fire of the Patriots just one bit. Seriously, I think the vets on the Giants might want to talk to JPP about giving the opposing team any extra motivation before the biggest game of his life.
- "Ailing Gronkowski returns to Patriots practice" (Yahoo! Sports) - Gronk-Watch won't officially end up until kick off on Sunday. His fellow Patriot TE Aaron Hernandez seems very confident about Gronkowski's status, "I know he’s going to be ready ... He got a little sprain and he’s fine." Is this the most talked about "little sprain" in history?
- "Jim Irsay’s tweet casts doubt on Peyton Manning’s future with the Colts" (Shutdown Corner) - Do you remember how you heard that Peyton Manning was cleared to play? Well, he hasn't passed Jim Irsay's physical nor has he been cleared to play for Jim Irsay's Colts. A team statement is to be made today.