- "Phil Taylor awaiting tests on injured pectoral muscle, might need surgery" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns defensive tackle Phil Taylor suffered a possible torn left pectoral muscle while lifting weights on Thursday and might need surgery, his agent, Peter Schaffer told The Plain Dealer."
- "AFC North draft pick signing tracker" (AFC North Blog) - "None of the first-round picks in the AFC North have signed yet, but 23 picks have reached deals less than two weeks after the draft ended. There are 15 picks who remained unsigned."
- "Transcript from conference call with Browns coach Pat Shurmur" (Ohio.com) - "Coach Pat Shurmur spoke to reporters this afternoon about the Browns' rookie minicamp, which will be held Friday through Sunday at the team's headquarters in Berea."
- "Browns rookie might have to replace Taylor" (AFC North Blog) - "If Taylor is out for an extended period -- the official diagnosis is expected Monday -- the Browns will likely turn to one of two rookies (Billy Winn or John Hughes), or returning backup Scott Paxson."
- "Hazell scouts Browns’ Richardson: ‘He’s going to be a special guy’" (Beacon Journal) - "Before he hit rewind, the play that prompted Kent State football coach Darrell Hazell to compare Browns rookie running back Trent Richardson to hall of famer Emmitt Smith might not have looked all that dazzling."
- "Each NFL team’s most promising undrafted free agent" (SI.com) - "As soon as the NFL Draft ends, teams make a beeline to the phones in an effort to scoop up undrafted free agents — one more avenue coaching staffs go down to find talent."
- "Players, NFL disagree on context of bounty email" (AP via Yahoo! Sports) - "An email from an imprisoned friend of the Saints coaching staff with a postscript saying, ''put me down for $5,000'' on Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers has become another sore point between players being punished for New Orleans' bounty system and the NFL."
- "Senate votes yes on Vikes' stadium" (AP via ESPN) - "After a plan to build the Minnesota Vikings a new home cleared its final hurdle Thursday in the state Senate, the team executive who spent much of the past decade lobbying for the nearly $1 billion stadium could hardly contain himself."
- "Tebow to be focus of E! special" (SI.com) - "Tim Tebow is about to join the Kardashians and Chelsea Handler as a star on E!"