- "Brandon Weeden, Montario Hardesty two big reasons for optimism" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "The Browns’ 2-0 preseason record would be meaningless, except any victory carries weight for a franchise starved for success. But the real value from the start to the preseason was the progress made from the opener in Detroit to Thursday night in Green Bay."
- "Browns training camp snapshot — Aug. 19" (Ohio.com) - "Position battles: Rookie defensive tackles John Hughes and Billy Winn split time working with the first-team offense. Hughes has started both of the Browns’ preseason games."
- "The force feeding of Josh Gordon continues" (FS Ohio) - "The crash-course education of Josh Gordon continues.Whether it pays off in time for the Cleveland Browns in the 2012 season remains to be seen, but one thing is clear: His quarterback fully expects him on the field for the season opener Sept. 9 against Philadelphia."
- "What's a Colt worth?: McCoy has little trade value as a backup" (Morning Journal) - "Congratulations. You get to be the Browns general manager today.You’re sitting in your office at team headquarters in Berea, getting ready for practice Sunday afternoon and all of a sudden the quiet is broken by your cell phone ringing."
- "Packers' Jennings returns to practice" (AP) - "By Greg Jennings' math, he has only had two concussions in his life. By the Green Bay Packers' medical staff's, he has had three."
- "Jerry Jones doesn’t expect Miles Austin back soon" (PFT) - "Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is not optimistic about receiver Miles Austin returning soon from a hamstring injury."
- "Munchak to pick starter Titans QB for Cardinals by Monday" (AP) - "The Tennessee Titans still have yet to decide whether Matt Hasselbeck or Jake Locker starts in their third preseason game, and coach Mike Munchak says he could go all the way up to opening week before picking his starting quarterback for the season."
- "Tom Coughlin looking into video" (ESPN) - "New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin said he will look into an Internet video in which defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul dumps Prince Amukamara into an ice tub in what appeared to be a prank played on the cornerback."