- "Brandon Weeden will rest vs. Chicago Bears; Colt McCoy to start" (Plain Dealer) - "Cleveland Browns coach Pat Shurmur announced today that rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden will sit out Thursday night's preseason finale against the Chicago Bears at Cleveland Browns Stadium, and Colt McCoy will start in his place."
- "Browns’ offensive line determined to rebound after falling prey to Eagles’ speed" (Beacon Journal) - "The Browns’ starting offensive linemen are holding in a good way — they’re holding themselves accountable and vowing to correct their mistakes."
- "Edwards' coach rankings: AFC North style" (AFC North Blog) - "Former NFL coach Herm Edwards broke down the current 32 coaches in the NFL into five tiers: Hall of Fame-worthy (a.k.a. the Bill Belichick level), Elite, Ascending and Jury is still out."
- "Haden's immediate future on field in doubt" (FS Ohio) - "Joe Haden has had an eventful training camp and preseason for the Browns.But amidst talk of suspension and being kicked out of practice, Haden has performed. He's looked much more like the Joe Haden of the first half of 2011 than the one who faded in the second."
- "Luck gets 1 more chance to tune up" (AP) - "Andrew Luck still wants all those seemingly meaningless preseason snaps."
- "Steelers WR Wallace: 'no regrets' as holdout ends" (AP) - "Mike Wallace sat in his usual spot in the corner of the Pittsburgh Steelers locker room and decided it was time to hold court."
- "De Smith calls officials lockout “absurd,” doesn’t rule out a strike" (PFT) - "The talk regarding the lockout of the officials continues. It’s still unknown whether the NFLPA will take action."
- "Calvin Johnson is magic on Sundays" (ESPN) - "The greatest moment of Taylor Bennett's career is kept in a frame in his office. He is a young man in the photo, too young to be truly scared, and how can you be scared, really, when you have Calvin Johnson on the football field with you?"