- "Ahtyba Rubin back and ready to go" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Defensive tackle Ahtyba Rubin doesn’t need long to get ready. He participated in his first full practice of training camp Monday and expects to start Friday night in the preseason opener in Detroit."
- "Gordon flashes, falters" (Canton Rep) - "Rookie receiver Josh Gordon’s impressive start to training camp has hit a wall."
- "Colt McCoy Should Be Dissatisfied but Not Surprised" (WFNY) - "Colt McCoy should be dissatisfied. That’s the nature of being a quarterback. And if you don’t believe me, just ask Seneca Wallace. If you’re not starting you want to be and more than likely think you should be."
- "Family Night is set for Wednesday" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "The Browns will celebrate the team’s annual Family Night workout with a practice at Cleveland Browns Stadium Wednesday. The Cleveland Browns will hold their final training camp practice before Friday’s preseason opener at the Detroit Lions at Cleveland Browns Stadium with Wednesday’s Family Night workout."
- "Matt Flynn to start at QB for opener" (AP) - "For this week and the preseason opener, Matt Flynn is the Seattle Seahawks' starting quarterback. Beyond Saturday night against Tennessee, coach Pete Carroll is keeping it a mystery."
- "Elvis Dumervil won't be charged in road rage case" (AP) - "Broncos Pro Bowl defensive end Elvis Dumervil won't be charged in a road rage incident in Miami Beach, Fla. His lawyer, Harvey Steinberg, said the Miami-Dade County state's attorney informed him Tuesday that Dumervil had been cleared in the case."
- "Rex Ryan tears into fighting Jets" (ESPN) - "The New York Jets continued their fighting ways Tuesday, turning a closed practice into a WWE smackdown -- and infuriating coach Rex Ryan. One day after a headline-making brawl, Ryan stopped practice twice, lashed into his team after separate skirmishes and made them run 11 gassers the width of the football field."
- "Whisenhunt says Kolb will play Friday" (PFT) - "Five days after suffering a chest injury against the Saints, Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb will take the field again when Arizona faces the Chiefs."