- "Soon-to-be owner Jimmy Haslam III interacts with fans at Family Night" (Beacon Journal) - "Jimmy Haslam III shook hands, autographed T-shirts and footballs, posed for photographs and let Browns fans know he will be a hands-on, down-to-earth owner determined to restore the franchise’s long-lost glory."
- "Browns hope to have Richardson for opener" (FS Ohio) - "A blue afternoon for the Browns ended a little brighter as coach Pat Shurmur said the team is 'hopeful' running back Trent Richardson will be able to play in the season opener."
- "Adderall 'an illegal edge' for athletes, doctors say" (Plain Dealer) - "For those with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Adderall can be a godsend. The stimulant drug can turn someone who was a bundle of unfocused and impulsive energy into a calmer, more attentive version of themselves."
- "Browns' family night practice turns out to be one weird night" (Canton Rep) - "The highest-drafted player on offense and the highest-drafted player on defense being involved in a double knockout (however temporary) was only the beginning."
Check out the Afternoon Delight after the jump...
- "Andy Reid returns to Eagles after son's funeral" (AP) - "Andy Reid returned to the Philadelphia Eagles a day after his 29-year-old son's funeral, saying it's 'the right thing to do.'"
- "Sources: No settlement before ruling" (ESPN) - "There will be no settlement between New Orleans Saints suspended linebacker Jonathan Vilma and the NFL before a judge rules on the temporary restraining order, sources familiar with the case told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Wednesday."
- "Chris Johnson: I think I can beat Usain Bolt over 40 yards" (SI.com) - "Tennessee Titans running back Chris Johnson may be the fastest player in the NFL, having clocked the best 40-yard-dash time (4.24 seconds) in NFL Combine history."
- "Sidney Rice says he’ll be playing Week One" (PFT) - "Regardless of whether Braylon Edwards or Terrell Owens (or both) will be suited up for the Seahawks in Week One against the Cardinals, Sidney Rice says he will be."
- "This Is What A $60 Million High School Football Stadium Looks Like" (Deadspin) - You might be wondering, "What does this have to with the Browns?" Well, the very first comment makes this relevant and also hilarious. Well played, Madoffs Mets.