- "One game in is too soon to judge the Browns" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Everything has a catchy title these days. Statement Saturday. Rivalry Week. The Decision. A new one made the rounds this week after the first Sunday of NFL action: Overreaction Monday."
- "A.J. Green may benefit from Haden absence" (FS Ohio) - "With possibly both Browns starting cornerbacks out or not at 100 percent, defensive coordinator Dick Jauron and his staff will be scrambling to figure out how to slow A.J. Green and the Bengals offense down."
- "Bengals looking to take frustrations out on Browns after massacre" (Beacon Journal) - "The Cincinnati Bengals have one less day of preparation for the 78th Battle of Ohio because they opened their season on Monday Night Football."
- "Richardson, Weeden in top five for rookie jersey sales" (WFNY) - "Dick’s Sporting Goods does the Jersey Report all season long indicating what jerseys are selling best nationwide. While Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning lead the overall list, the Browns are well-represented in the rookie list right now."
- "Report: Greg Jennings is 50-50 to play" (PFT) - "The official injury report says “doubtful,” which means there’s a 25-percent chance receiver Greg Jennings will face the Bears on Thursday Night Football. The reality could be that Jennings is closer to questionable, based on a report from Adam Schefter of ESPN."
- "Who's the quarterback of the future?" (ESPN) - "Former NFL quarterbacks coach Terry Shea immediately perked up in his recliner while relaxing in his den this past Sunday. After spending a few hours watching the Kansas City Chiefs lose to the Atlanta Falcons, he was about to be treated to bonus coverage of the Washington-New Orleans game."
- "Jets' Revis cleared for physical activity" (AP) - "Darrelle Revis is a step closer to getting back on the field for the New York Jets."
- "Bears' Urlacher probable, Tillman questionable" (AP) - "Pro Bowl linebacker Brian Urlacher was listed as probable and cornerback Charles Tillman questionable by the Chicago Bears for Thursday's game at Green Bay."