- "Shurmur has some serious decisions to make" (FS Ohio) - "Pat Shurmur didn’t try to put on a happy face in his news conference the day after an aggravating loss to the Buffalo Bills. But it’s tough to say what kind of face he put on."
- "Browns’ defense looking offensive" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "If someone had told Cleveland Browns coach Pat Shurmur during the offseason that his defense would be one of his team’s biggest weaknesses after three weeks, he might have suspected he’d be in deep trouble."
- "Browns the day after – Even worse than losing is losing worse" (WFNY) - "The Browns are 0-3 to start this 2012 NFL season, but as with any Browns season, there are clear trends beneath the won/loss records. The first week against Philly, the Browns were playing hard with a superior opponent."
- "Focus quickly turns to Ravens" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Wide receivers Mohamed Massaquoi and Joshua Cribbs both spoke about working to reverse the team’s fortunes after a 24-14 loss to the Buffalo Bills Sunday afternoon at Cleveland Browns Stadium."
- "Jets' Revis has torn ACL, will likely miss season" (AP) - "The NFL's top shutdown cornerback will likely be shut down for the season. Darrelle Revis has a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee that will require surgery, a huge blow for the New York Jets that leaves coach Rex Ryan without his best defensive player."
- "Roger Goodell involved in ref talks" (ESPN) - "NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was personally involved Sunday when the league negotiators met with their counterparts from the NFL Referees Association, according to sources familiar with the talks."
- "Lions mum on QB Stafford's leg" (AP) - "The Matthew Stafford health watch has begun anew, an unpleasantly familiar move for the Detroit Lions."
- "NFL must put end to farce with replacement refs" (Yahoo! Sports) - "The NFL's officiating lockout is now entering its fourth regular-season week, and like most high-stakes disputes about money, the argument comes down to simple math."