- "Jimmy Haslam won’t have to rebuild these Browns" (WFNY) - "Here we go again. Randy Lerner turned over the team how many times since he took over? And now that he’s sold the team, he’s given us yet another chance at turning over the team to someone with a different vision. Browns fans will yet again be left holding the bag of patience"
- "NFL Power Rankings: AFC North reaction" (AFC North Blog) - "I'm happy to announce that I'm a new voter on the NFL power rankings this season. I've joined ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton, ESPN NFL columnist Ashley Fox, NFC West blogger Mike Sando and NFC East blogger Dan Graziano."
- "Mike Holmgren talks future, and desire to stay put" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Mike Holmgren knows what he’ll be doing for the next six weeks, concluding with representing the Browns at the NFL owners meetings in October. There he will cast the team’s vote to approve Randy Lerner’s sale of the franchise to Jimmy Haslam."
- "Browns must show improvement" (Morning Journal) - "After months of anticipation and hopes after one of the most intriguing offseasons in franchise history, the Cleveland Browns finally kick off the 2012 season on Sunday against the Dream Team — also known as the Philadelphia Eagles."
- "Source: Marshawn Lynch uncertain" (ESPN) - "Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch has experienced back spasms and the team is uncertain whether he'll be able to play Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals, a team source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter."
- "Giants Amukamara, Cowboys Ratliff out of opener" (AP) - "New York cornerback Prince Amukamara and Dallas starting nose tackle Jay Ratliff will not play when the Giants and Dallas meet on Wednesday night in the kickoff to the NFL season."
- "NFLPA asks for restraining order" (AP) - "The NFL Players Association has asked a federal judge for a temporary restraining order that would allow players suspended in connection with the NFL's bounty investigation to rejoin their teams in time to play regular season openers."
- "Drew Rosenhaus scrutinized for relationship with former financial adviser" (Yahoo! Sports) - "The NFL Players Association is investigating the relationship between agent Drew Rosenhaus and a former financial adviser who persuaded a number of players to invest in a failed Alabama bingo casino, a source with knowledge of the inquiry told Yahoo! Sports."