- "Browns running short-handed at linebacker" (FS Ohio) - "When Michael Vick looks across the line of scrimmage Sunday, he might need a Browns roster to see who is on the opposite side of the field from him at linebacker."
- "Weeden, offensive line looking to counter Eagles' strong rush" (Plain Dealer) - "The Philadelphia Eagles sacked Brandon Weeden three times and forced him to fumble twice on Aug. 24 at Cleveland Browns Stadium."
- "Tony Grossi's Scouting Report: Philadelphia Eagles" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Reid’s offense stretches the field vertically, more so than any current practitioner of the West Coast system. He adjusted to that style after marrying QB Michael Vick’s strong arm with WR DeSean Jackson’s over-top speed."
- "Trent Richardson says he’s ready" (Beacon Journal) - "Rookie running back Trent Richardson believes the only way he won’t play Sunday in the Browns’ regular-season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles is if coach Pat Shurmur decides to err on the side of caution."
- "Lynch's status uncertain heading into opener" (AP) - "Marshawn Lynch sat at his locker on Wednesday as Seattle's star running back talked for the first time since the start of training camp."
- "Bernard Pollard warns A.J. Green" (ESPN) - "Baltimore Ravens safety Bernard Pollard warned Cincinnati Bengals star receiver A.J. Green on Tuesday that when he comes across the middle in the teams' season opener Monday night, he can expect to get smacked."
- "Pro Bowl LB Urlacher goes through full practice" (AP) - "Pro Bowl linebacker Brian Urlacher practiced Wednesday as the Chicago Bears continued to prepare for their season opener against Indianapolis."
- "WR: Tebow deal shocked Sanchez" (ESPN) - "From all indications, Mark Sanchez has embraced Tim Tebow as a teammate, saying all the right things about the New York Jets' unusual quarterback dynamic. But Sanchez initially was floored by the Tebow trade, Santonio Holmes revealed Wednesday."