- "Weeden rallies Browns past Bills, 37-24" (AP) - "Brandon Weeden never once hung his head after getting hurt and losing his job to a hometown hero. He figured the Browns would need him again, and he had to be ready. On Thursday night, his number was called and Weeden delivered."
- "Brian Hoyer’s knee injury has 2014 draft implications" (Beacon Journal) - "The injury that quarterback Brian Hoyer suffered to his right knee less than four minutes into Thursday night’s game against the Buffalo Bills has implications beyond the Browns’ record this season."
- "Rapid Reaction: Cleveland Browns" (ESPN) - "What it means: Brandon Weeden regained the Browns' quarterback job in the worst possible way -- through an injury to Brian Hoyer."
- "Cleveland Browns lead AFC North after win vs. Bills" (NFL.com) - "The Cleveland Browns took a punch to the gut early Thursday night when they lost starting quarterback Brian Hoyer to a knee sprain and fell behind by 10 points against the Buffalo Bills."
- "Lucky and good, Browns somehow find a way" (FS Ohio) - "We interrupt this improbable celebration of the first-place Cleveland Browns for a quick moment of reflection. This particular Browns team has won three straight games but in the big picture has won a whole bunch of nothing yet."
- "Week 5: Browns-Bills a Josh Freeman showcase?" (CBS Sports) - "On Thursday the Buccaneers released Josh Freeman, setting him into the free-agency wild. It turned out to be pretty good timing because both the Browns and Bills saw their starting quarterbacks go down later in the evening."
- "Browns win game, 37-24; lose Brian Hoyer to serious knee injury" (ESPN Cleveland) - "The prime-time showcase of two teams seeking respect became a brutal battle of attrition. The Browns lost quarterback Brian Hoyer early in the game to a serious injury to his right knee."
- "EJ Manuel suffers sprained knee" (ESPN) - "Buffalo Bills quarterback EJ Manuel left Thursday night's loss to the Cleveland Browns with a sprained right knee and did not return."
- "Report: Giants, Panthers close to deal for linebacker Jon Beason" (PFT) - "It’s been a busy week for trades in the NFL and another trade appears on the verge of completion. According to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com, the New York Giants are closing in on a deal to acquire linebacker Jon Beason from the Carolina Panthers for a late-round draft pick."