- "Horton: Numbers are encouraging" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Numbers never lie. And no one knows that better than Cleveland Browns defensive coordinator Ray Horton. Horton is a fan of statistics, and knows that ultimately, the team’s successes and failures will be measured by the numbers."
- "McGahee Hopes to Haunt Ravens" (OBR) - "Willis McGahee spent four seasons with the Ravens from 2007-10 and he would like nothing better than to have his coming out party be against his former team."
- "Defense preparing to face old nemesis Ray Rice" (Morning Journal) - "Finally, four days after The Awakening, the truth is out. Coaches lit up the defense at halftime in Kansas City last Sunday, and the defense responded with its best half of the season."
- "Browns Counting On QB Jason Campbell To Stabilize, Ignite Offense" (92.3 The Fan) - "The Cleveland Browns’ history at quarterback is a long and sordid one since 1999. And it hasn’t gotten much better this season."
- "Bengals' Atkins sidelined with knee injury" (AP) - "The Cincinnati Bengals lost All-Pro defensive tackle Geno Atkins with a right knee injury Thursday night, and they might be without him for the rest of the season."
- "Colts will regret Richardson trade" (ESPN) - "Just over a month ago, the sky was supposedly falling in Cleveland. That's because the Browns had traded running back Trent Richardson, the third overall selection in the 2012 NFL draft, to the Indianapolis Colts in a move that many deemed sheer lunacy."
- "The QB Carousel Will Be Dizzying in 2014" (SI.com) - "Patience is not a word associated with NFL teams and starting quarterbacks. All you have to do is look at how often teams change their Week 1 starters from one year to the next."
- "49ers activate LB Aldon Smith from reserve/non-football injury list" (CBS Sports) - "Aldon Smith's month-long stay on the reserve-non-football injury list is officially over. The 49ers activated Smith from the NFI-list on Thursday making him eligible to play in San Francisco's next game on Nov. 10."