- "Browns defense compares well against its mirror image in Pittsburgh" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Mirror images: When Ray Horton was named defensive coordinator of the Browns, he said it would be interesting to play the Pittsburgh Steelers because he planned to install a defense the mirror image of Pittsburgh coordinator Dick LeBeau, his mentor."
- "Mingo receives votes of confidence despite his growing pains" (ABJ) - "Browns rookie outside linebacker Barkevious Mingo has only one sack in the past six games and has struggled in other facets of the game, but his teammates and defensive coordinator Ray Horton are nowhere close to writing off the sixth overall pick in this year’s draft as a bust."
- "Joe Haden having a Pro Bowl year" (Morning Journal) - "Joe Haden is like 'Mission Impossible' star Jim Phelps, who every week would discover in some hidden place a tape with the message."
- "Browns and others in 'meaty part of the curve' fight for last playoff spot" (Plain Dealer) - "The Browns have lost four of their last five games, own one victory against a team with a winning record and find themselves in the thick of the race for a final wild card spot."
- "Welker returns to practice, hopes to play Sunday" (AP) - "Wes Welker returned to practice Thursday for the first time since leaving Sunday's game against Kansas City with a concussion."
- "The Bears’ Big Decision" (SI.com) - "The Bears have a big decision ahead with the player who has been the (sometimes sour) face of their franchise since 2009, Jay Cutler."
- "Group wants end of N-word in NFL" (ESPN) - "The Fritz Pollard Alliance, an influential group that promotes diversity and job equality in the NFL, called on players Thursday to stop using the N-word on the field after highly publicized incidents involving the Miami Dolphins and Washington Redskins."
- "Is Mike Glennon already a better QB than RGIII?" (NFL.com) - "We called Mike Glennon this season's best rookie quarterback by far a few weeks ago."