- "Midseason Report: Cleveland Browns" (ESPN) - "Expectations can define a season. A team that’s supposed to be playoff-caliber that enters the bye with a record below .500 is disappointed. But a team that’s not supposed to win much, that hasn’t won much and that enters a Week 9 bye week one game below .500 is upbeat."
- "Little says he was choked by Ravens player" (AP) - "Browns wide receiver Greg Little accused Ravens safety James Ihedigbo of choking him during a pileup in Cleveland's 24-18 win Sunday. After a running play in the first quarter, Little found himself on his back at the bottom of a stack of players. He said Ihedigbo, who was on top of him, put his hands around his neck and choked him."
- "What You Need to Know Heading into the Bye Week" (b/r) - "Ladies and gentlemen, please pause for a moment and welcome the Cleveland Browns back to NFL relevancy. It has been a long time since the Browns were in the mix for a playoff spot, but after their 24-18 win over the Baltimore Ravens, Sunday, that is where they find themselves."
- "Michael Irvin preaches how to be a champ to team" (Morning Journal) - "Michael Irvin has rings and a rap sheet. His bust is in Canton. He has a high-profile job as an analyst on the NFL Network and a diamond stud in his left earlobe. Irvin has it all. The Hall of Fame receiver from the Dallas Cowboys, 47 years old, was in Browns headquarters Wednesday at the invitation of head coach Rob Chudzinski."
- "DeMarcus Ware back for Cowboys; Doug Martin still out" (NFL.com) - "The Dallas Cowboys have their quarterback hunter back. Pass rusher DeMarcus Ware was 'suited up and practicing' Wednesday after missing the past three games with a strained quadriceps muscle, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported."
- "Report: Texans coach Gary Kubiak expected to return by Week 11" (CBS Sports) - "Three days after coach Gary Kubiak collapsed on the Reliant Stadium turf and a few hours after the team named defensive coordinator Wade Phillips the interim coach, the Houston Chronicle reports that, barring any setbacks, Kubiak will return for the Week 11 contest vs. the Raiders."
- "Mike McCarthy confident in Seneca Wallace" (NFP) - "With Aaron Rodgers shelved for the time being due to a collarbone fracture, it's time for Seneca Wallace to step up and fill a huge void left on the Packers' offense."
- "Dorsett, others show signs of CTE" (ESPN) - "Pro Football Hall of Famers Tony Dorsett and Joe DeLamielleure, and former NFL All-Pro Leonard Marshall have been diagnosed as having signs of chronic traumatic encephalopathy, a degenerative condition many scientists say is caused by head trauma and linked to depression and dementia, doctors have told 'Outside the Lines.'"