- "Joe Thomas: Running the ball is not that important" (ESPN Cleveland) - "No rush? No worry?: The Browns are having their worst season running the ball in 14 years. And it’s not as if we have been living in a golden era of Browns running backs, anyway."
- "Chudzinski for guiding them to respectability despite wild first half of season" (ABJ) - "The Browns have endured a roller-coaster ride of a season thus far, but they’re still in position to enter the playoff discussion if they can maintain their momentum coming off a bye this weekend."
- "These Browns have different feel" (ESPN) - "Joe Haden had never entered a bye week with more than two wins in his career. He’d seen the Browns go a combined start of 6-14 (.300) before byes. This season, the Browns are 4-5 and it feels like they’re two games from clinching a division."
- "Can the Defense Carry the Browns to the Playoffs?" (TheClevelandFan.com) - "A week after Cleveland Browns defensive coordinator Ray Horton proclaimed that the defense had turned a corner, it appears that he may be right. And if he is, it could mean a final seven-game stretch that could push the Browns into the playoffs."
- "Nick Foles, Jordan Cameron, Jerry Hughes lead the Audibles All-Surprise Team" (SI.com) - "Every year, players come out of nowhere to provide unexpected benefits to their teams. Here are some the most surprising players from the 2013 season."
- "Bears' Cutler to start against Lions" (AP) - "Jay Cutler's time away proved shorter than the Chicago Bears originally expected. After missing one game, the quarterback will return Sunday to face the Detroit Lions at Soldier Field following a groin tear suffered Oct. 20."
- "Gary Kubiak makes appearance at Texans' Thursday practice" (CBS Sports) - "Texans coach Gary Kubiak isn't expected to return to the Houston sideline until Week 11 at the earliest, but he did find the energy to make a brief appearance at the Texans practice on Thursday."
- "Christian Ponder dislocates shoulder in Vikings' win" (NFL.com) - "The Minnesota Vikings eked out a 34-27 win Thursday night over the Washington Redskins, but they lost their starting quarterback. Christian Ponder was forced from the game after taking a hard hit on a pylon dive at the end of a 15-yard scramble."