- "GM Mike Lombardi shielded from public eye because he's 'a lightning rod' says Joe Banner" (Plain Dealer) - "Joe Banner admitted today that he doesn't want Browns General Manager Mike Lombardi in the media spotlight yet because he's 'a little bit of a lightning rod.' Instead CEO Banner will address personnel matters for the time being."
- "Browns' QB future remains a mystery" (FS Ohio) - "Whither the Browns quarterback situation? The team will hold a private workout for West Virginia's Geno Smith before the draft. Which is interesting. But so, too, was this statement from CEO Joe Banner on Monday about the draft's sixth overall pick."
- "Browns Doing Good Things in Free Agency" (TheClevelandFan.com) - "The Cleveland Browns – much like the Cleveland Indians before them – are doing things in free agency. And, just like the moves that the Tribe made, it remains to be seen if the new acquisitions are going to make a difference as the Browns continue to rebuild the team and try to become a relevant player in the AFC North Division."
- "Horton likes deep core of vets" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "When Ray Horton became the defensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns in January, he quickly got to work on building a playbook, and then, focused on evaluating the players that were on the roster or would be available in free agency."
- "Matt Hasselbeck to sign with Indianapolis Colts; Ryan Fitzpatrick joins Tennessee Titans" (SI.com) - "After releasing veteran Matt Hasselbeck on Monday afternoon, the Titans wasted little time finding his replacement. Tennessee scooped up Ryan Fitzpatrick just a few hours after cutting Hasselbeck loose, agreeing to a two-year deal with the former Buffalo Bills starter."
- "Plenty of sunshine as owners meet" (ESPN) - "Things couldn't be any sunnier for NFL owners. They are staying at the plush Biltmore resort with temperatures in the 80s. Skies are clear and sunscreen is in generous supply. Team profits are up thanks to the 2011 collective bargaining agreement. Interest in the sport continues to grow."
- "NFL announces compensatory picks for 2013 NFL Draft" (CBS Sports) - "The NFL announced on Monday from the 2013 NFL owners meetings that the league awarded 32 compensatory picks to 16 different clubs. These picks are given to teams losing more or better compensatory free agents than they acquires in the previous year."
- "Kraft says Patriots made better offer to Welker" (AP) - "New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft delivered several messages Monday at the NFL meetings."