Earlier today, Dan Murphy from the Cleveland Browns PR Department tweeted out the jersey numbers for the team's free agent signings to date:
Numbers for newest #Browns: Campbell-17, Kruger-99, D. Bryant-92, Groves-54, Kellen Davis-81, Chris Owens-21, K. Barnes-34,G. Barnidge-82— Dan Murphy (@DMurph_BrownsPR) March 27, 2013
First off, the list stands out due to the number of names on it. Cleveland has signed eight players in free agency so far; the previous regime signed only two free agents out of the gate all of last season. Let's take a look at the numbers that are being replaced from the 2012 season:
- No. 17: QB Jason Campbell (N/A)
- No. 21: CB Chris Owens (formerly Dimitri Patterson)
- No. 34: CB Kevin Barnes (N/A)
- No. 54: OLB Quentin Groves (formerly Adrian Moten, who is now No. 56)
- No. 81: TE Kellen Davis (formerly Alex Smith)
- No. 82: TE Gary Barnidge (formerly Benjamin Watson)
- No. 92: DT Desmond Bryant (formerly Frostee Rucker)
- No. 99: LB Paul Kruger (formerly Scott Fujita)
Last training camp, No. 17 and No. 34 were held by WR Owen Spencer and CB Antwuan Reed, respectively.
Which of the new players' jerseys are you most likely to buy before opening day?