- "Cleveland Browns built to withstand latest off-field crisis" (Plain Dealer) - "Bless their tortured souls, sports fans in this town are accustomed to embracing small consolations in the wake of faith-shaking events. Art Modell ran an end-around to Baltimore, but, hey, we kept the name and colors. So what if elsewhere they have become synonymous with pathetic football."
- "Chudzinski envisions 'rocking' home-opener" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "First-year Cleveland Browns coach Rob Chudzinski envisions a 'rocking' atmosphere when the team opens the 2013 NFL regular season against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, Sept. 8, at FirstEnergy Stadium, Home of the Cleveland Browns."
- "Dion Jordan hardly a Duck out of water when it comes to the 3-4" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Dion Jordan has the body of an NBA small forward (6-foot-6, 248 pounds), the strides of a deer and the quick-twitch fibers of a sprinter (4.54 in the 40) and the motor of a supercharged V8. He’d be the result if a general manager asked a scientist to build a 3-4 outside linebacker."
- "EJ Manuel could be the next dual-threat star" (Morning Journal) - "One thing is certain no matter how much better Brandon Weeden will look running Norv Turner’s vertical offense; Weeden will never beat anyone with his feet. Coaches and general managers throughout the NFL believe the read-option offense, run so well by the Redskins’ Robert Griffin III and others, is here to stay."
- "Jets' Revis era ends with an error" (ESPN) - "So it turns out the New York Jets are capable of butt fumbles in April, too. They are capable of taking one of their two greatest players ever, a talent right there with Joe Namath, and running him out of town before he made it to his 28th birthday."
- "Buccaneers look like big winners in Darrelle Revis trade" (CBS Sports) - "The inevitable and the obvious finally happened Sunday, as the Jets traded Darrelle Revis to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. It's a stunning deal because it involves one of the top players in the NFL, albeit one coming off an ACL injury. But it's even more stunning because of how badly it appears the Bucs fleeced the Jets."
- "James Harrison brings attitude to Bengals" (AFC North Blog) - "James Harrison won't bring double-digit sacks to the Cincinnati Bengals. He won't bring a familiarity with a 4-3 defense like Karlos Dansby would. So what can Who Dey Nation expect from the ex-Steelers outside linebacker? A whole lot of attitude."
- "Branden Albert's demands holding up Dolphins trade?" (NFL.com) - "Trade talks between the Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins for Branden Albert remain ongoing, but there's a sticking point in negotiations."
- "Report: Ravens’ Rolando McClain arrested again in Alabama" (SI.com) - "Baltimore Ravens linebacker Rolando McClain was arrested Sunday night and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest in his hometown of Decatur, Ala., according to a report by local station WHNT."
- "NBC's Michaels arrested for alleged DUI in Calif" (AP) - "NBC Sports announcer Al Michaels was arrested over the weekend in Southern California on suspicion of drunken driving, authorities said Sunday."