- "Secret Superstar: John Greco" (Pro Football Focus) - "With our Secret Superstar series reaching its second week, we’ve already highlighted players from seven teams, giving you some potential breakout stars for the 2013 season and even giving one player an awesome new nickname."
- "A look inside Browns’ QB battle" (SI.com) - "A strong offseason has the Cleveland Browns feeling like they’re on the verge of contention in the AFC North. Before that dream becomes a reality, though, the franchise needs to decide on a quarterback. The Browns’ competition there could be one of the most entertaining during the NFL preseason, with at least three QBs in the mix for the No. 1 gig."
- "Schwartz gets on-the-job training" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Cleveland Browns right tackle Mitchell Schwartz is a student of the game of football. When it comes to learning how to be an offensive lineman at the professional level, Schwartz has focused on improving his “foundation of technical skills” by studying his film and that of six-time Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas."
- "Former Boise State linebacker Tommy Smith does not sign with Browns despite agency's announcement" (Beacon Journal) - "Former Boise State linebacker Tommy Smith has not signed with the Browns after all, but a deal could still be reached in the future, his agents said. KLASS Sports, the agency that represents Smith, said Tuesday that its client traveled to Cleveland Monday night and signed with the Browns as an undrafted free agent the following day."
- "Michael Crabtree tears Achilles" (ESPN) - "San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree has had surgery to repair a torn right Achilles tendon. Crabtree was operated on Wednesday, one day after suffering the injury during an organized team activity."
- "Giants kick off OTA without WRs Cruz and Nicks" (AP) - "Coach Tom Coughlin and the New York Giants knew Victor Cruz wouldn't show up for the organized team activity without a contract, so his absence was expected."
- "Rokevious Watkins suspended for St. Louis Rams opener" (AP) - "St. Louis Rams offensive lineman Rokevious Watkins has been suspended without pay for the season opener for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy."
- "Peyton Manning Q&A: Broncos QB details long road back, ambitions" (CBS Sports) - "The different jersey isn't a big deal anymore. The health questions, for the most part, are subsiding. Peyton Manning is back being an elite quarterback again. Last summer when I came here to talk with Manning, it was a much different time."