- "Weeden hopes to guide Browns offense out of its lull in preseason opener against Rams" (Beacon Journal) - "Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden is hoping the preseason proves to be just the tuneup the offense needs."
- "Tashaun Gipson thinks highly of Cleveland Browns’ safety duo" (Morning Journal) - "Tashaun Gipson, back practicing with the starters after missing four days last week with a shoulder injury, predicts he and T.J. Ward could be one of the best pair of safeties in the NFL."
- "Steelers raise training-camp intensity with live tackling drills: Touring the AFC North" (Plain Dealer) - "The HBO cameras may be trained on James Harrison and the Cincinnati Bengals, but its his former team running a training camp filled with hard knocks."
- "'Something's wrong with the system'" (FS Ohio) - "Jason Campbell doesn't know Johnny Manziel, and Campbell was careful to say that he doesn't know a thing about the persona of Johnny Football or the situation regarding Manziel's NCAA eligibility potentially being lost."
- "Saints WR Morgan, DE Coleman, out of season" (AP) - "Injuries have cost the Saints receiver Joseph Morgan and defensive end Kenyon Coleman for the season, depriving New Orleans of a top deep threat and a veteran run-stopper."
- "Fixing the QBs: Josh Freeman, and the lag between potential and greatness" (SI.com) - "When former Rutgers head coach Greg Schiano took that same job with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers before the 2012 season, he was faced with an interesting task: Evaluate whether Josh Freeman, who had been selected in the first round of the 2009 draft, was his franchise quarterback going forward."
- "Chip Kelly on Friday’s starting QB: Don’t mark them as anything" (PFT) - "The Eagles will have a starting quarterback on Friday night against the Patriots. Eagles coach Chip Kelly confirmed that much on Wednesday."
- "Greg Jennings: I was 'brainwashed'" (ESPN) - "New Minnesota Vikings receiver Greg Jennings is still talking about his old team. Even after Vikings coach Leslie Frazier told Jennings to stop making comments about the Green Bay Packers, Jennings continued Wednesday."