- "Browns plan on using Richardson … a lot" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Trent Richardson’s role as workhorse was never in doubt. After season-ending injuries to Montario Hardesty and Dion Lewis, it couldn’t be more obvious."
- "Banner says more testing will determine Barkevious Mingo’s status for opener" (Beacon Journal) - "Browns CEO Joe Banner said rookie outside linebacker Barkevious Mingo will undergo further medical testing this week to determine whether he’ll be able to play Sunday in the regular-season opener against the visiting Miami Dolphins."
- "Weeden has been prepared better for this season compared to a year ago" (Plain Dealer) - "Remember how Brandon Weeden played in the 2012 opener? Yes, it was bad. In fact, the Browns quarterback was awful, completing 12-of-35 passes (34 percent) with four interceptions and no touchdowns."
- "Browns scouting report: Miami Dolphins" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Offensive overview: Coordinator Mike Sherman favors multiple tight end packages in his West Coast scheme, which made the season-ending knee injury to free agent Dustin Keller so devastating."
- "Cushing signs extension with Texans" (AP) - "Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing has signed a six-year contract extension. A person familiar with negotiations confirmed the deal Tuesday night. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the team has not made an announcement."
- "Tomlin: Isaac Redman to start" (ESPN) - "Steelers coach Mike Tomlin confirmed Tuesday that Isaac Redman will open the season as the team's starting running back."
- "Terrelle Pryor is the Raiders’ starting quarterback, so what can we expect?" (Shutdown Corner) - "The Oakland Raiders are going to go through the charade of keeping their starting quarterback a secret, but it's Terrelle Pryor."
- "Report: N.Y. Giants host Jonathan Dwyer, Beanie Wells" (NFL.com) - "The New York Giants held a casting call Tuesday to fill the void left by running back Andre Brown's absence through Week 9."