- "Browns Head Coaching Search Looks Bleak as Options Dwindling Fast" (B/R) - "So far, the Cleveland Browns' coaching search can only be described as a false start. One would think that if a team were going to fire its hand-picked head coach after just one season, then it would have a replacement in mind."
- "Tressel Not Closing Door On NFL Aspirations" (92.3 The Fan) - "The Browns are well into their second week without a head coach, but a familiar name continues to show up on their radar. Former Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel joined Bishop and Rothman on 97.1 in Columbus and did not exactly dismiss interest in an NFL job."
- "I never thought the Cleveland Browns coaching search would go like this" (Plain Dealer) - "When the Browns fired Rob Chudzinski only hours after the season ended, I thought they had a replacement in mind. I thought wrong."
- "The Cleveland Browns enable yet another fan-on-fan cage match" (WFNY) - "What’s a Browns fan to do? The team had a bad year and doesn’t have a coach, so It’s a cage match between two schools of thought."
- "New coach Gruden latest to tackle Redskins turmoil" (AP) - "The face was different, the words familiar. Like Mike Shanahan and nearly every recent Washington Redskins coach, Jay Gruden is anxious to declare an end to franchise's days of dysfunction."
- "15 Hall of Fame finalists revealed" (ESPN) - "First-year nominees Derrick Brooks, Tony Dungy, Marvin Harrison and Walter Jones were among the 15 modern-era Pro Football Hall of Fame finalists in voting announced Thursday night."
- "Seahawks WR Percy Harvin says he's 'Absolutely' playing vs. Saints" (CBS Sports) - "Percy Harvin has missed 15 regular season games this season, but he doesn't plan on missing any playoff games. The Seahawks wide receiver said on Thursday that he 'absolutely' plans on playing against the Saints this weekend."
- "Kellen Winslow charged with synthetic pot possession" (NFL.com) - "New York Jets tight end Kellen Winslow has been charged by East Hanover (N.J.) police with possession of Fubinaca, a synthetic form of marijuana."