- "Browns have coaching interviews lined up this week, including one with perceived front-runner Josh McDaniels" (ABJ) - "The Browns have received permission from the New England Patriots to interview offensive coordinator and former Canton McKinley standout Josh McDaniels for their head-coaching vacancy, a league source confirmed Tuesday."
- "The more things change, the more fixated on Bill Belichick the Browns become" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Same ole, same ole: The 2013 Browns season was one of the worst for a variety of reasons."
- "New year; new coach" (FSO) - "It's a new year and the Browns are looking for a new coach. It's kind of like a New Year's resolution for the Browns, although Jimmy Haslam made it a point to mention his disdain for those that bring those types of things up."
- "La Canfora: Detroit Most Intriguing Opening For Coaches, Followed By Browns" (92.3 The Fan) - "NFL insider Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports joined Baskin & Phelps w/ Les Levine Tuesday to discuss the shock of the Browns firing Rob Chudzinski, how this situation will affect free agency and the head coaching search..."
- "Sources: Bucs to hire Lovie Smith" (ESPN) - "Lovie Smith has reached an agreement to become the next head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, sources told ESPN."
- "AP source: Dolphins owner mulling possible shakeup" (AP) - "In the wake of the Miami Dolphins' late-season collapse, owner Stephen Ross immediately began contemplating a possible organizational shake-up."
- "The Stories of 2013, Off the Field" (SI.com) - "Looking back on a busy 2013 in the business of football, we have long since crossed the Rubicon: The business of the NFL is the NFL. Teams are billion dollar assets; the games are merely the storefronts to the greater business."
- "NFL head coach tracker" (NFL.com) - "Two teams already have their new coaches. The Texans struck first. Word got out just a few hours before the clock struck midnight on New Year's Eve that Bill O'Brien would come to Houston from Penn State."