- "O-line key to Browns offense's success" (FSO) - "There's an old adage that games are won and lost in the trenches. As quarterback, Brian Hoyer has been given a lot of credit for the success and rightly so, for the Browns offense early success as they've averaged 25.8 points a game, 11th in the NFL."
- "Justin Gilbert: 'I know what I'm capable of'" (ESPN) - "Cleveland Browns rookie cornerback Justin Gilbert is a first-round bust – today. Gilbert has plenty of time to change that, of course, and he aims to. A potentially limited Joe Haden (hip injury) could thrust Gilbert into action..."
- "Punt returns are safe with Jordan Poyer" (Morning Journal) - "Punt returning is in good hands with Jordan Poyer on the job, said Browns special teams coach Chris Tabor. Poyer has replaced Travis Benjamin who struggled through the first four games."
- "'Around the NFL' Podcast: Steelers vs. Browns preview" (NFL.com) - VIDEO
- "Adrian Peterson could be arrested again on drug violation" (FOX 26) - "Montgomery County prosecutors have filed documents to have suspended Minnesota Vikings player Adrian Peterson arrested again after he admitted to using drugs in violation of his bond conditions, FOX 26 News has learned."
- "Former NFL exec: Teams hid 'hundreds' of abuse incidents" (USA TODAY) - "A former NFL executive said teams did not discipline players in "hundreds and hundreds" of domestic violence incidents during his 30 years in the league, and said he now regrets his role in the failure to take action."
- "NFLPA presidents recognize patient approach" (AP) - "When Roger Goodell and several NFL owners were asked Wednesday how long a revamping of the NFL's personal conduct policy would take, they preached patience."
- "Police reports: C.J. Spillman also accused of sexual assault in 2013" (SI.com) - "Dallas Cowboys safety C.J. Spillman, currently being investigated for an alleged sexual assault, was also accused of rape last year, according to police reports..."