- "Gilbert turning corner for Browns?" (FSO) - "One of the key additions to the Browns defense in the offseason was top draft pick Justin Gilbert. The Browns traded out of the fourth pick, bypassing Clemson receiver Sammy Watkins and a number of other high-profile players..."
- "Jaguars game tilts Brian Hoyer to inconsistent side" (ESPN) - "Brian Hoyer has done enough good things this season that the Cleveland Browns are not even pondering a quarterback change. However, he’s done enough things recently to put the word inconsistency on his ledger..."
- "Bad loss to Jaguars doesn’t mean season is over" (C-T) - "A modest two-game winning streak ended Sunday in Jacksonville. The season didn’t. As pathetic and dismaying as the Browns’ 24-6 loss was, it was only one game. It doesn’t erase the impressive win over Pittsburgh seven days earlier..."
- "Andrew Hawkins Exclusive: Dream Big" (Browns.com) - VIDEO
- "Lions WR Calvin Johnson (ankle) limited in practice" (SI.com) - "Detroit Lions' wide receiver Calvin Johnson was limited in practice on Wednesday due to his ankle injury, team writer Tim Twentyman reports."
- "Jamaal Charles admits he was a little shaken up by hard hit" (CBS) - "Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles was involved in a violent collision with Chargers cornerback Brandon Flowers while scoring a touchdown during Sunday's game."
- "Percy Harvin to start with small role on Jets' offense" (NFL.com) - "Don't expect the New York Jets' offense to immediately morph into The Percy Harvin Variety Hour. Jets coach Rex Ryan told reporters on Tuesday that Harvin..."
- "NFL Week 8 Playoff Implications: If The Seahawks Lose, The NFC Gains" (538) - "NFL playoff Implications, our weekly guide to what games matter, and who they matter to, returns for Week 8 of the NFL season. For an explanation of the methodology, see here."