- "Jordan Cameron’s replacements bring own styles to TE" (C-T) - "Browns tight end Jim Dray has played five solid seasons in the NFL, while Gary Barnidge is in his seventh year in the league. Though they are filling in for Pro Bowler Jordan Cameron (concussion), neither has any illusion of playing at his level."
- "Mike Pettine 'gets it' when it comes to quarterbacks" (WKNR) - "As the quarterbacks turn: I can make the case that an NFL head coach is only as good as his quarterback. Which makes a coach’s handling of his quarterback probably his most important task."
- "Could Tampa Bay's Cover 2 scheme help Browns' run game?" (ESPN) - "Most every Football 101 Manual has the chapter: How to beat the Cover 2. In its most simplistic definition, it's a defense that places two safeties deep in the middle of the field, with a middle linebacker buzzing..."
- "Whitner's presence felt on Browns defense" (FSO) - "Donte Whitner was a signature signing for Ray Farmer and the Browns as free agency opened. The Browns chose to allow T.J. Ward leave via in free agency and replace him with the former Pro Bowler from the 49ers."
- "It's Time for Johnny Football" (Sports on Earth) - "The Cleveland Browns may be at the bottom of the AFC North, but at 4-3 and just one game back, that's not a bad place to be. The Browns have won a steady stream of games by playing solid defense, moving the chains and avoiding turnovers."
- "Kyle Shanahan: Every Play In The NFL Is 'Crucial'" (Browns.com) - VIDEO
- "Saints-Panthers: 10 things to know from New Orleans' 28-10 win" (CBS) - "For first place in the NFC South, to end the team's seven-game regular-season road losing streak, to continue to show that -- even after a slow start to the season..."
- "Seahawks hurting at center as Stephen Schilling misses practice Thursday" (PFT) - "The Seattle Seahawks could be short-handed at center this week for their game against the Oakland Raiders."
- "Hardy trial moved to after season" (ESPN) - "Greg Hardy will look into the possibility of immediate reinstatement to play for Carolina after learning his domestic violence appeal trial set for November is being postponed..."