- "Tashaun Gipson After Tate’s Release" (92.3 The Fan) - "Tashaun Gipson joined Bull & Fox to talk about playing this past week after going through the concussion protocol and the uphill battle in getting back on the field, the Texans’ performance in outplaying them on Sunday..."
- "Decision making on right track for Cleveland Browns" (Morning Journal) - "Ben Tate, who obviously thought he was kind of a big deal, has been released by the Browns, who obviously thought he wasn’t. Oh sure, there was a time earlier this year when the Browns thought Tate was a big enough deal to sign him to a two-year, $6.3 million contract."
- "Browns Loss To The Texans Just Highlighted Problems That Have Existed All Season" (DPN) - "The writing was on the wall for this melt down. The Texans didn’t do anything really different from the script on beating the Browns. They got up early, stuff the box against the run, forced Brian Hoyer to throw a lot of passes."
- "Browns facing a major test this week, both coaches and players" (Plain Dealer) - "Even before they waived Ben Tate, the Browns approached this week as perhaps the most important of the season. Josh Gordon is coming back after his 10-game suspension."
- "Mike Pettine discusses RB Ben Tate’s reduced playing time, cites explosiveness of rookies" (C-T) - "Ben Tate’s role has diminished drastically since opening the year as the starting running back. He played only 16 of 77 snaps Sunday in the 23-7 loss to Houston, rushing two times for minus-9 yards."
- "Peterson's season over after ruling" (ESPN) - "Arbitrator Shyam Das ruled in favor of the NFL on Tuesday evening, saying the league can keep Adrian Peterson on the commissioner's exempt list, effectively ending any chance the Minnesota Vikings running back will play again this season."
- "Junior Seau, Greatest Show on Turf among 26 HoF semifinalists" (PFT) - "A strong first-year eligible class of players including Junior Seau and four members of the Greatest Show on Turf are among the 26 players announced as semifinalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame tonight."
- "Steelers release running back LeGarrette Blount" (AP) - "LeGarrette Blount's early exit Monday night cost the volatile running back his job. The Pittsburgh Steelers cut Blount on Tuesday, less than 24 hours after he jogged off LP Field with the clock still running in a 27-24 victory..."