- "The Cleveland Browns Are in the Playoff Hunt After Ugly Win over Bucs" (B/R) - "The last time the Cleveland Browns were 5-3 after eight games, they missed the playoffs. That year was 2007, and despite winning 10 games, they stayed home for the postseason."
- "Browns find a way, somehow, again" (FSO) - "Let's all go to Cincinnati and have a game that's essentially for first place, Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals, and let's play it on national television, too. Two months ago, that was crazy talk. Especially that 'Browns' part."
- "Terrance West makes best of latest chance" (Plain Dealer) - "Terrance West’s season has resembled so many of his runs – two steps forward, one step back and a couple strangely sideways. For someone named after a specific direction the rookie can be, as coaches have learned, all over the place."
- "Brian Hoyer, Cleveland Browns channel zen to win" (ESPN) - "Brian Hoyer did not like the coverage when he lined up for a key play in the fourth quarter of the Cleveland Browns' 22-17 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday."
- "Injury roundup: Arian Foster (groin) leaves game" (NFL.com) - "Things didn't go well for the Houston Texans' secondary against the Philadelphia Eagles. Both starting cornerbacks -- Johnathan Joseph and Kareem Jackson..."
- "Peterson plea deal would reduce charge to a misdemeanor" (PFT) - "Earlier today, Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that talks are occurring regarding a possible plea bargain for Vikings running back Adrian Peterson. That is true."
- "Michael Vick will start at quarterback for Jets next week vs. Steelers" (SI.com) - "New York Jets quarterback Michael Vick will start next week in the team's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers..."
- "La Canfora: Barring setback, Tony Romo will play Week 10" (CBS) - "Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is expected to be inactive Sunday against the Cardinals, but barring a setback he'll return Week 10 against the Jaguars in London..."