- "Johnny Manziel Gets His Chance to Start, and He's Earned It" (B/R) - "In the Cleveland locker room this summer, Johnny Manziel was the typical rookie. He was mostly quiet, players told me then and now, and those players—then and now—make sure this is emphasized: Manziel has been a total professional."
- "Manziel brings excitement to Cleveland Browns football in December" (Plain Dealer) - "It was a Week 14 game in 2000 when Spergon Wynn made his one and only start for the Browns, completing five passes for 17 yards. It was about this time a decade ago when Luke McCown earned his first start on the lakefront..."
- "Infamous Browns jersey updated to include Johnny Manziel" (ESPN) - "Well ... this didn't take long. That infamous jersey that lists all the Cleveland Browns starting quarterbacks since the team returned to play in 1999 has been updated to include Johnny Manziel's name -- and is hanging in a window in downtown Cleveland."
- "My Cleveland Sportsman of the Year: Tashaun Gipson" (WFNY) - "Since returning to the NFL in 1999, the story of the Cleveland Browns has had a few recurring themes: Sustained losing, rash front office decisions, a rotating door at starting quarterback, and general dysfunction within the organization are a few..."
- "Jadeveon Clowney had microfracture knee surgery" (NFL.com) - "Jadeveon Clowney's disappointing rookie season could remain frustrating deep into 2015. The Houston Texans pass rusher underwent microfracture knee surgery Monday..."
- "Panthers' Newton suffers back fractures in crash" (AP) - "Panthers quarterback Cam Newton suffered fractures to his lower back in a two-car crash Tuesday and will spend the night in the hospital, a team spokesman said Tuesday."
- "NFL Week 14 Playoff Implications: The Chargers Have A Pulse" (538) - "The San Diego Chargers’ playoff chances, once as high as 75 percent, were on the verge of dropping into single digits Sunday as the team trailed the Baltimore Ravens by three late in the game."
- "7 Astounding Julio Jones Facts" (SoE) - "In the 2011 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons knew better than any other team that Julio Jones was special. They were sitting there with the 26th pick, knowing that they had absolutely no shot of Jones falling that far to them..."