- "Johnny Manziel calls report that some teammates snubbed him 'ridiculous'" (Plain Dealer) - "Johnny Manziel said a national report that some of his teammates 'kept their hands to themselves' and didn't acknowledge him during pre-game introductions 'seems ridiculous' -- and a video review doesn't show anyone snubbing him."
- "Browns coach disputes Kosar's harsh comments" (AP) - "Browns coach Mike Pettine calls former Cleveland quarterback Bernie Kosar's harsh condemnation of the team's front office 'a little dramatic.' Kosar blasted the organization Monday, a day after the Browns were shut out by Cincinnati in rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel's starting debut."
- "Remember when the Browns were relevant?" (C-T) - "A collection of thoughts with the season winding down, the Browns reeling and the playoffs out of the picture. Relevance was nice while it lasted. For the first time since 2007, the Browns entered December with a winning record. That meant extended excitement and finally games with real meaning."
- "Locker Room Report: 11 Browns nuggets from Wednesday" (Browns.com) - "Paul Kruger is wise. The 28-year-old veteran has seen the ultimate high in the NFL – winning a Super Bowl – and the lows of a 4-12 season that ended with his first-year head coach fired. When he speaks, it comes with experience."
- "Bears giving Jimmy Clausen start" (ESPN) - "The Chicago Bears plan to start Jimmy Clausen at quarterback this week over Jay Cutler, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter."
- "Eight potential landing spots for Jay Cutler in 2015" (NFL.com) - "Those who enjoy shocking NFL news -- and really, who doesn't? -- received an early Christmas present on Wednesday with word out of Chicago that Jay Cutler has been benched."
- "Report: Michigan offered Jim Harbaugh 6 years, $48M" (USA TODAY) - "Michigan is apparently making a serious run at San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh to fill the open coaching position."
- "49ers release DT Ray McDonald" (SI.com) - "San Francisco 49ers general manager Trent Baalke announced Wednesday that the team has released defensive tackle Ray McDonald."