- "Joe Thomas nets player of the year honor" (Morning Journal) - "In the world of better late than never, Joe Thomas has finally been named Browns Player of the Year by the Cleveland Chapter of the Pro Football Writers of America."
- "It's not how you start, it's how you finish that matters in the NFL" (WKNR) - "Behind the curve: If it’s December, the Browns must be thinking about next year. They always do. And that’s the crux of Bernie Kosar’s Angry Fan Rant. They’re always more concerned about the future than the present."
- "Kyle Shanahan confident Johnny Manziel, offense can rebound" (Browns.com) - "Nothing that happened Sunday against the Bengals has changed Browns offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan’s optimism about rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel."
- "O'neil hopes Kruger breaks record" (OBR) - "Paul Kruger has had the type of year the Browns imagined when they signed him to a large unrestricted free agent contract in 2013. Kruger picked up his team-leading 10th sack last week against the Bengals..."
- "Rivera 'probably' expects Cam Newton to start vs. Browns" (SI.com) - "Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera said Thursday that he 'probably' expects quarterback Cam Newton to start in Sunday's game against the Cleveland Browns, barring any setbacks."
- "NFL QB is a thankless job" (Sports on Earth) - "The 2006 NFL Draft was an absolutely nightmare for quarterbacks. There were two drafted among the top 10 picks, and both, less than a decade later"
- "DeMarco Murray says decision on playing this week will be up to him" (PFT) - "Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray moved up from unofficial participant in practice to limited participant in practice on Thursday and said that his surgically repaired left hand is feeling good."
- "Wes Welker Will Not Be Denied" (ESPN) - "Wes Welker says he's going to be fine. Sometimes he forgets stuff -- Where did I put my keys? What's the name of that restaurant? -- but who doesn't?"