- "Johnny Manziel must do more to become 'the guy' for Browns" (ESPN) - "After huddling with team spokespersons, Johnny Manziel approached the podium for a news conference that barely lasted four minutes."
- "This has turned into a lost season for the Cleveland Browns" (Morning Journal) - "Once again, the Browns are shut out of the playoffs. We’re used to that. The high school graduation class of 2015 was in kindergarten the last time they made the postseason."
- "Why wasn't Jordan Poyer's runback of Billy Winn's interception a touchdown?" (Plain Dealer) - "The Browns' defense had plenty of reasons for anger Sunday, starting with their performance in a 17-13 loss to the Panthers."
- "Newton: Fans 'classless' for cheering when Manziel injured" (AP) - "Quarterback Cam Newton said the Panthers fans who cheered when Johnny Manziel injured his hamstring in the second quarter are 'classless.' Manziel did not return to the game after the injury."
- "Week 16: Browns vs. Panthers highlights" (NFL.com) - "Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton passed for 201 yards and a touchdown as the Carolina Panthers kept their playoff hopes alive with a 17-13 victory over the Cleveland Browns in Week 16." - VIDEO
- "NFL playoff picture: A lot to be decided in Week 17" (USA TODAY) - "The NFL playoff picture cleared up in Week 16. The playoff field is essentially set in the NFC. It will include the Cardinals, Lions, Cowboys, Packers, Seahawks and the winner of the Falcons-Panthers game next week."
- "Report: Harbaugh decision will be 'swift'" (PFT) - "No one still knows what 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh’s future will be. Answers apparently will be coming soon after the regular season ends."
- "Huge fight in Giants-Rams game leads to 3 ejections" (CBS) - "You knew it was coming. The Giants and Rams had been chippy for much of the first half and it finally came to a head..."