- "Brian Hoyer remains starter despite ranking as NFL's worst passer" (CBS) - "Brian Hoyer said Sunday that he was shocked when coach Mike Pettine benched him for Johnny Manziel. On Monday, Hoyer made the case for why he deserved to keep the job..."
- "Pettine cites experience as key factor in choosing Hoyer" (FSO) - "In the first in-season debate on who will start at quarterback, Cleveland Browns head coach Mike Pettine announced Wednesday that Brian Hoyer will remain the starter for this week's game with the Indianapolis Colts..."
- "How Sticking with Brian Hoyer Impacts QB, Johnny Manziel and Browns' Future" (B/R) - "The Cleveland Browns made it official on Wednesday: The starting quarterback job will remain in Brian Hoyer's hands for now."
- "Browns place Miles Austin on injured reserve" (AP) - "Wide receiver Miles Austin's first season with the Browns ended in a hospital bed. Cleveland placed Austin on injured reserve Wednesday after he sustained a kidney injury in Sunday's loss at Buffalo."
- "Richardson looking forward to return" (ESPN) - "Colts running back Trent Richardson plans to jump into the Dawg Pound at FirstEnergy Stadium if he scores a touchdown against his former team, the Cleveland Browns, on Sunday."
- "Ray Rice Was Awful When He Last Played Football" (538) - "On Friday, an arbitrator overturned the indefinite suspension of former Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice, who violently assaulted his then-fiancee (now wife) in an elevator in February."
- "Peterson settlement talks could commence Wednesday" (PFT) - "On Tuesday, arbitrator Harold Henderson encouraged the NFL and NFL Players Association to engage in settlement discussions regarding running back Adrian Peterson’s personal conduct policy suspension."
- "Chip Kelly on possibly coaching Florida: 'I laugh'" (USA TODAY) - "Chip Kelly is in no rush to return to college football. Rumors circulated this week that Kelly was on the shortlist for the vacant Florida coaching job. Kelly laughed them off. Or he said he laughed them off."