- "Crowell says he'll play Sunday, Gary Barnidge can breathe" (Plain Dealer) - "Isaiah Crowell doesn't plan to watch Sunday's tilt from the sideline. A hip injury has limited the running back in practice this week, but Crowell doesn't see it shelving him on Sunday."
- "Gordon still shaking off rust for Browns" (AP) - "Some of that orange on Josh Gordon's helmet may be rust. Cleveland's star wide receiver said Thursday that he's still not fully up to speed with the Browns offense since returning from a 10-game suspension for repeated drug violations."
- "Hoyer has one more chance to up dwindling free-agency value" (ESPN) - "Brian Hoyer's second chance as the starting quarterback is about more than reigniting the Cleveland Browns' offense. It’s about the mighty free-agency dollar..."
- "Behind a struggling offense a defense shines: Cleveland Browns Film Room" (WFNY) - "Rhe Cleveland Browns lost to the Buffalo Bills 26-10 last week and all of the news was about the quarterback controversy."
- "Leadership lingers despite Miles Austin's setback" (Browns.com) - "The news wasn’t easy to stomach for Miles Austin, and it was even tougher on his Browns’ teammates, but both are prepared to move forward as the veteran receiver recovers from a kidney injury."
- "Jadeveon Clowney to be placed on Houston Texans' IR" (NFL.com) - "Jadeveon Clowney's disappointing rookie season has come to an abrupt conclusion. Houston Texans coach Bill O'Brien announced Thursday that Clowney will be placed on season-ending injured reserve."
- "Report: 'Real chance' Robert Griffin starts again in Washington" (CBS) - "There's a "real chance" Robert Griffin III starts at quarterback for Washington before the end of the season, according to ESPN."
- "Ranking the most important games remaining on the NFL schedule" (SI.com) - "With a mere four weeks left in the NFL regular season, playoff hopefuls can wait no longer for their final push."