- "Mike Pettine believes Kyle Shanahan will establish reliable running game, allowing offense to thrive in all conditions" (ABJ) - "After new Browns coach Mike Pettine introduced the team’s coordinators to the media Thursday, he revealed that Kyle Shanahan became his choice to guide the offense not only because of experience, but also because of versatility."
- "Kyle Shanahan will tailor offense to personnel" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Kyle Shanahan is no stranger to a challenge. In fact, he embraces challenge. And in becoming the new offensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns, Shanahan is looking forward to the challenge of mentoring an offense that scored 182 of the team’s 308 points in 2013."
- "Vetting potential trade partners: Browns" (ESPN) - "We're still months away from May's NFL draft, but that doesn't mean it's too early to start looking at the many possible permutations of how things could shake out. The St. Louis Rams aren't having an open auction for the No. 2 overall pick like they did in 2012, but general manager Les Snead has already indicated a willingness to move it."
- "Cleveland Browns 2014 NFL offseason preview" (CBS Sports) - "Hired last offseason, Rob Chudzinski was the Browns' seventh coach since the franchise returned to Cleveland in 1999 and its fourth since 2005. Chud, who was born in Toledo, Ohio, and had previously served as a Browns assistant, returned to Cleveland fully aware of the organization's historical ineptitude as well as the heightened expectations from new owner Jimmy Haslam."
- "N.F.L. Prospect Proudly Says What Teammates Knew: He’s Gay" (New York Times) - "Coaches at the University of Missouri divided players into small groups at a preseason football practice last year for a team-building exercise. One by one, players were asked to talk about themselves — where they grew up, why they chose Missouri and what others might not know about them."
- "Michael Vick enters free agency as a fascinating NFL case study" (NFL.com) - "Michael Vick spent part of Super Bowl week making the media rounds, essentially becoming a pitchman for a product that might've increased in value through relative dormancy."
- "Chicago mayor wants to host NFL Draft and Super Bowl" (CBS Sports) - "In the days after the league successfully staged its first Super Bowl in the New York-New Jersey area, owners of other NFL teams in cold-weather climates continued their lobbying efforts to land the sport's biggest game."
- "Phillips: Manziel right for Texans" (ESPN) - "Wade Phillips believes Johnny Football is the right fit for the Houston Texans. In an unsuccessful interview in late December to become the Texans' permanent head coach, Phillips told ownership the team should draft Johnny Manziel, the dynamic quarterback from nearby Texas A&M."