- "Winning solves perception" (FSO) - "Once again, only time will tell. Mike Pettine might turn out to be the next Vince Lombardi, but a year ago the Browns had a first year head coach in Rob Chudzinski promoted from the ranks of offensive coordinator."
- "Kyle Shanahan on Manziel: 'Who Wouldn’t Like Him? I Can’t Wait to See Coach’s Copy'" (92.3 The Fan) - "Browns offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan joined Bull & Fox to talk about his previous stops and how that will help him in this position, the priority in finding a quarterback and studying the current roster..."
- "Will Mike Pettine’s young coordinators deliver a game-day advantage?" (WFNY) - "If nothing else, you have to give the Cleveland Browns credit—they’re not repeating themselves. After watching Browns head coach Mike Pettine introduce his coordinators, you couldn’t imagine a more polar opposite scene from Rob Chudzinski’s staff."
- "On the Right Track?" (OBR) - "After displaying tough defense without a top-level NFL quarterback, the Seattle Seahawks brought back the old adage that defense wins championships. Considering the Browns' new head coach is defensive minded and some of the team's key cogs are on defense, are the Browns actually on the right track?"
- "Michael Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals likely to part ways" (NFL.com) - "The Cincinnati Enquirer gives impending free-agent defensive end Michael Johnson just a 20 percent chance of returning to the Cincinnati Bengals next season. That might be a generous figure."
- "Team-by-team look at who could be tagged" (PFT) - "Last year, only eight teams used the franchise tag, down from a record high of 21 the year before. It was a surprise — until the free-agency market opened and the big money simply wasn’t there."
- "The marketing of Michael Sam" (ESPN) - "While NFL insiders publicly and privately debate whether Michael Sam will be fully accepted in an NFL locker room, sports marketers are watching how corporate America reacts."
- "Two members of Congress will push Roger Goodell on Redskins name" (CBS Sports) - "Two members of Congress plan on pushing Roger Goodell to change the Redskins name by sending him a 'strongly-worded letter' that could include a threat of trying to revoke the NFL's tax-exempt status."