- "Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi ended on bad terms with each other, and Browns owner Jimmy Haslam wiped out both" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns CEO Joe Banner and his top lieutenant Mike Lombardi ended on bad terms with each other, and their discord led to Jimmy Haslam firing both, league sources told cleveland.com."
- "Jimmy Haslam's revised Cleveland Browns are no laughingstock" (NFL.com) - "On Tuesday morning, the Cleveland Browns cleaned house. Again. General manager Michael Lombardi -- gone. CEO Joe Banner -- on his way out. It seemed stunning, even by Browns standards."
- "Browns coach Mike Pettine looking forward" (AP) - "Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine was on the job less than three weeks when two of the people involved in his hiring were fired in a restructuring of the organization."
- "Farmer, Pettine will depend on each other" (ESPN) - "When a head coach is hired before a general manager, the head coach usually wields the most influence with the team. Think Lovie Smith in Tampa Bay. He was hired immediately after the Bucs fired Greg Schiano, and his imprint and approach will be all over the team."
- "Andre Johnson: Houston Texans should trade No. 1 pick" (NFL.com) - "The Houston Texans have a need at quarterback. They also own the first overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft."
- "2014 NFL Draft: Blake Bortles the No. 1 pick? It's a matter of trust" (CBS Sports) - "Whoever designed this place wanted to expand the body and the brain."
- "Graham says position not his call" (ESPN) - "New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham said Thursday that the looming debate over whether he should be considered a tight end or a wide receiver is 'not for me to decide.'"
- "Michael Sam: Studying the Game Tape" (SI.com) - "I knew very little about Michael Sam until Sunday night, when the draft-bound Missouri defensive end announced he is gay."