This feature gives a brief snapshot of what happened during the past week related to the Cleveland Browns (or important NFL news). Outlined below is a recap from the week of March 23 - March 29, 2014.
- Sunday, March 23rd: The Baltimore Ravens traded with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a center, which takes them out of the Alex Mack sweepstakes. ... The NFL owners meetings commenced. ... It was learned that former Ravens head coach Brian Billick will no longer call games for FOX.
- Monday, March 24th: The Browns signed OG Paul McQuistan, who was a starter for the Seattle Seahawks in 2013. ... The performance-based pay program bonus numbers were released, and in 2013, FS Tashaun Gipson and ILB Craig Robertson were the Browns' top earners. ... As expected, it was announced that the Browns did not receive any compensatory picks in the 2014 NFL Draft, but our division rivals each received some picks.
- Tuesday, March 25th: The Steelers signed LB Arthur Moats, and the Rams signed DL Alex Carrington, both of whom were former Bills player who Mike Pettine was interested in bringing to Cleveland. ... There was a nervous stretch in which the Browns were rumored to be in the mix for Mark Sanchez, but thankfully, he signed with the Eagles. ... Former Eagles RB Brian Westbrook didn't have kind words for former Browns CEO Joe Banner.
- Wednesday, March 26th: The NFL announced the rule changes that passed for 2014, and the biggest one involved replay review. ... We discussed the Browns scheduling a pre-draft visit with OG Trey Hopkins. ... Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians talked about the departures of ILB Karlos Dansby and TE Jim Dray to the Browns, and also had a note about Tim Couch. ... Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett called former Browns QB Brandon Weeden their "developmental quarterback." Yep.
- Thursday, March 27th: We discussed the Browns scheduling a pre-draft visit with OT Laurent Duvernay-Tardif. ... Our comprehensive recap of what happened related to the Browns at the owners meetings, with comments from Ray Farmer, Mike Pettine, and Jimmy Haslam, was posted. ... WR Josh Gordon appeared on ESPN and was a vocal advocate for the Browns getting QB Johnny Manziel at No. 4 overall. ...
- Friday, March 28th: After the Eagles released WR DeSean Jackson, we pondered if the Browns should consider making a run at him. ... The Steelers signed RB LeGarrette Blount. ... It was reported that the Browns will work out QB Derek Carr on Monday. ... QB Brian Hoyer remained confident in a radio interview that this is still his team and that he can beat out whoever the Browns draft at quarterback.
- Saturday, March 29th: DBN's Mike Krupka posted his second Browns mock draft of the season. ... We looked at what is coming up next on the offseason calendar for the Browns. ... ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi provided a brief update on Cleveland's uniform changes, due in for 2015. ... TE Gary Barnidge was interviewed on the radio and discussed how he missed out on an HBK pose twice last season.
DBN Tweet of the Week: