- "Tashaun Gipson eyes improvement in secondary, possible Pro Bowl season" (Plain Dealer) - "Tashaun Gipson made the type of play during Wednesday's practice that, in the parlance of fellow Browns safety Donte Whitner, will help him 'get across that water.'"
- "Both QBs already are learning plays in Kyle Shanahan's pistol formation" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Loading up: Typically at this infancy of a young NFL season, only the most basic elements of an offense are installed. That is especially true of a new offense being introduced to a team and its rookies."
- "Ray Farmer: How we built the roster" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "The biggest moment this offseason for Cleveland Browns General Manager Ray Farmer wasn’t inking Donte Whitner and Karlos Dansby to deals. It wasn’t drafting Justin Gilbert and Johnny Manziel."
- "Mike Pettine: Jersey sales won't decide depth chart" (NFL.com) - "The Cleveland Browns continue to execute their plan to treat Johnny Manziel as a backup rookie quarterback. Coach Mike Pettine told NFL Network's 'NFL AM' on Thursday that Johnny Football taking third-team reps in organized team activities is just part of the competition process."
- "Little: Violation by Browns' Gordon 'is a mistake'" (FOX Sports) - "Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon is facing a lengthy NFL suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, but the circumstances surrounding the matter remain cloudy."
- "Arrest Warrant Out For Broncos Star For Strip Club Scuffle" (CBS) - "CBS4 has learned that Denver police issued an arrest warrant Thursday for Denver Broncos strong safety T.J. Ward, a prized free agent pickup."
- "More than half of all draft picks have signed contracts" (PFT) - "Two weeks ago tonight, Commissioner Roger Goodell made 32 trips to the podium at Radio City Music Hall, announcing the various selections made in the first round of the draft."
- "Chris Johnson skipping OTAs to heal torn meniscus" (SI.com) - "For those who just can’t wait to see New York Jets running back Chris Johnson get back to work and begin to prove the doubters wrong, there’s some bad news."
- "U.S. senators send letters to Goodell" (ESPN) - "Letters signed by 50 U.S. senators urging the league to change the Washington Redskins name were sent on Thursday to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell."