- "Don't count out a Browns' trade for a wide receiver just yet" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Trade winds: The odds are better than 50-50 that the Browns eventually will trade for a wide receiver. Here are the reasons why: Josh Gordon is likely to miss some time in 2014 to a league suspension."
- "Jim O’Neil counts on safety Donte Whitner to intimidate offenses" (ABJ) - "Browns defensive coordinator Jim O’Neil knows the identity he wants his unit to possess and has already carved out a role for strong safety Donte Whitner, a Cleveland native."
- "Analyzing the story on Manziel's 'non-story'" (ESPN) - "Johnny Manziel walked the fine line between celebrity and football more than successfully in college. Now he’s trying to walk it in the NFL, with a new team, a new coaching staff and new teammates."
- "Manziel, Gilbert and other team injuries" (Morning Journal) - "Don’t waste time trying to figure out whether Johnny Manziel is closing on Brian Hoyer or whether Hoyer is pulling ahead in the quarterback race."
- "Bucs owner Glazer dies at 85" (AP) - "Malcolm Glazer, a self-made billionaire who shunned the spotlight while leading the takeover of English soccer's Manchester United and transforming the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers into Super Bowl champions, died Wednesday. He was 85."
- "Calvin Johnson returns to Detroit Lions practice" (NFL.com) - "After sitting out last month's minicamp to rehab offseason knee and finger surgeries, Calvin Johnson resumed practicing for the Detroit Lions on Wednesday."
- "Regarding Miami investigation, Kaepernick says he 'did nothing wrong'" (PFT) - "49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick said Wednesday he did not act improperly in an April incident investigated by Miami police."
- "Super Bowl or bust: Marvin Lewis a victim of his own success in Cincy" (SI.com) - "If there's one truth to hold self-evident this season it's that no team has more at stake, and more possibility for wildly disparate outcomes, than Cincinnati."