In the spirit of the finals of the Scripps National Spelling Bee that aired Thursday night, which names on the Cleveland Browns' roster (or in the front office) would you have difficulty spelling? The Wall Street Journal published an article that listed some of the most commonly misspelled athlete names. At the top of the list was Dwyane Wade, which I would have spelled as Dwayne Wade had I not read the article.
Here are some names on the Browns that I think the typical fan might get mixed up when trying to spell them:
- RB Chris Ogbonnaya - OMGBanana.
- WR Nate Burleson - Even Adam Schefter got it wrong when he reported the Browns signed the veteran wide receiver.
- DL Ishmaa'ily Kitchen - It's really not that tough when you get the hang of it, but try getting someone who has only heard his name to spell it.
- DL Ahtyba Rubin - People have just said "forget it" and have used the nickname, "Tuba."
- CB Buster Skrine - Those who see the name for the first time pronounce it "skryne" and those who hear it pronounced spell it "screen."
A couple members of the Browns' front office have tough names to get used to -- team president Alec Scheiner and executive VP Brent Stehlik. Which name on the Browns do you find yourself having the most difficulty trying to spell correctly?