- "Browns should avoid rush hour, wait past No. 4 for quarterback" (ABJ) - "Desperation should not drive the Browns in the 2014 NFL Draft. When the first round opens Thursday night at 8, they must forget about the franchise’s 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999."
- "Could Blake Bortles be the next Ben Roethlisberger?" (Morning Journal) - "Seventh in a series previewing the NFL draft may 8-10. May 6: Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr. Bigger can be better, especially when it comes to drafting a quarterback to play in the NFL."
- "Mitchell, Brown stand tall among HOF peers" (ESPN) - "Bobby Mitchell entered the interview area at the Pro Football Hall of Fame FanFest in a wheelchair, his age and his NFL body showing. Mitchell then talked about his four years with the Cleveland Browns, during a time when Jim Brown taught him about 'standing up as a black man.'"
- "2014 NFL Draft: The Undraftables" (DraftBrowns.com) - "The most popular player at NFL Draft time is the so-called 'safe pick.' Who wouldn’t want that? A draft choice who could make a fan base feel secure. One who could guarantee success for both himself and the team."
- "Is trading up in draft worth risk?" (ESPN) - "The Atlanta Falcons would like to trade up to acquire Jadeveon Clowney. Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr said Friday four or five teams have told him they would like to trade into the 20s of the first round to draft him."
- "Report: Raiders rule out a quarterback at No. 5" (PFT) - "The Raiders’ first-round pick has historically been one of the hardest to predict heading into the draft, but according to one report, we can rule out a quarterback at No. 5."
- "Michael Vick: 'Geno's the starting QB' for the Jets" (CBS) - "The Jets signed Michael Vick in late March, presumably to push second-year quarterback Geno Smith. But to hear Vick tell it, the job is Geno's."
- "Top 100 prospects for 2014 NFL draft" (SI.com) - "The 2014 NFL draft is considered one of the deepest in recent memory. Need a wide receiver? There's plenty of them. Looking to bolster your secondary? You can find talent deep into Day 3."