- "Leon McFadden prepares for battle at cornerback" (ABJ) - "Now Browns cornerback Leon McFadden knows how Buster Skrine feels. The Browns’ former regime drafted McFadden in the third round out of San Diego State in 2013 to challenge cornerback Skrine."
- "Mike Pettine: NFL playbooks are 'only the skeleton'" (NFL.com) - "Mike Pettine has penned another chapter to the Playbook Anecdote Heard Round The World. One day after his comments to Greg Bedard of The MMQB caught fire and strangely united Rex Ryan and Bill Belichick..."
- "Haden to Manziel: Put camera away" (ESPN) - "Johnny Manziel settled down to business as a quarterback in the NFL this week, agreeing to terms on a rookie contract while even drawing the praise of Aaron Rodgers for how the Heisman winner has handled himself."
- "Manziel can silence detractors by becoming star on Sundays" (FSO) - "The weekend is here, which means the Johnny Manziel watch is on. Get your popcorn and Instagram ready. Johhny is going to be Johnny -- that much is very certain by now..."
- "NFLPA's collusion case kept alive by appeals court" (AP) - "A $4 billion lawsuit from the players union accusing NFL team owners of setting a secret salary cap in 2010 was kept alive by a federal appeals court Friday as the sniping between the two sides persists long after the end of the lockout."
- "Helmet testing standards could be improving" (PFT) - "As concussion sensitivity has increased, helmet testing standards haven’t. They soon could be."
- "Adrian Peterson muses about future" (ESPN) - "Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who turned 29 in March, has no plans to be done playing football by the time the Vikings open their new stadium in 2016."
- "Peyton Manning has no plans to retire anytime soon" (CBS) - "In case there was any doubt -- and, frankly, we don't know why there would be -- 38-year-old Peyton Manning has no intentions of retiring anytime soon."